Where Business Meets Family
A thriving economy. Pro-business attitude. Talented workforce. Outstanding quality of life. This is Round Rock, Texas, recently named the “cheapest city people want to live in” by Kiplinger because of its quality jobs, low cost of living and family-friendly atmosphere. Discover why industry leaders such as Dell, Emerson Process Management and Toppan Photomasks call Round Rock home. Why baseball legend Nolan Ryan chose us for his AAA baseball club, the Round Rock Express. And why Round Rock ranks at the top of every national study for our strong economy, relocation opportunities, safety and education and much more. Discover what Round Rock can offer you.
Attributes as a Place To Live
• Recognized for our award-winning master plan, park system and school district, and for being one of the safest, most affordable cities in the country.
• Low cost of living
• Five hospitals
• Five higher education facilities
• Over 1,700 acres of public city parks
• Family activities everywhere
• Thriving arts community
• Home of the Round Rock Express (Texas Rangers AAA affiliate)
Attributes as a Place To Open a Business
• Low Taxes – With Round Rock’s property tax as the lowest in the region plus Texas’ low tax burden makes it affordable to open a business.
• Qualified and Abundant Workforce – Round Rock has access to nearly 1,000,000 workers, almost 40% of which are college-educated.
• Prime Access – To major roads for distribution, to quality healthcare at five hospitals, to superior public school education and five higher education facilities.
• Affordability – Kiplinger rated Round Rock as the #1 “cheapest city people want to live in.”
• Business “Loving” – Round Rock is not just business friendly, it’s business loving. This is most evident in the planning and development services’ philosophy to “make it happen.”
“The City of Round Rock was outstanding to work with. We had a very tight schedule for finishing the buildings and moving our 750 employees. Their attitude of collaboration between business and the city helped us meet all of our construction deadlines.
We started fit-out of the buildings in October for a February move-in. We got permitting almost immediately after submitting. They actually had people on site with us so there was never a hold up. I can say we never lost one day waiting on a permit.
We were on a tight timeline, so Round Rock gave us occupancy floor by floor to meet our move-in schedule. They are ready to serve business, and put every other city I’ve ever worked with to shame. Where permitting takes months in other places, in Round Rock it took days.”
– Jim Nyquist, President
PlantWeb Solutions Emerson Process Management